Zipping a map after completing it.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

Zipping a map after completing it.

When I try to compress my map to try it out (I am using the guide from 'Dummies' on FS19 disc) the map is not found in the game. map01.id3 -> map01.zip

The same thing happens if I extract a map???.zip file, then zip it back up (different map???.zip name). The new zipped map does not recognize by game.
      If I only open an existing map???.zip file in Winzip, edit the desc file, then save, save, it is recognized.
      The map??.zip is FS19_FlatMap.zip (working and recognized before I unzipped it)

When I use an existing mod, decopress it, the try to recompress it, it is not recognized either. However, with that same MOD, if I only edit the moddesc.xml fil then save, save, it loads.
      The MOD???. zip is Fs19_Broom.zip (working and Recognized before I unzipped it)

I can not locate this topic on the forum. If I missed it, please forgive me.

I am using winzip v.24 (new install), Giants editor 8.2 for PC.

Thank You
      I will try to help you, but my english ist not very good.
      Try this things to dekrompess an compress a Mod (for FS17, FS19 it's all the same)

Select a ZIP File from an Mod, right click with your Mouse, In the contexmenue select expand, as destination choose the desktop,
      then start to expand.

Select the new Folder of the Mod and open it.
      Be sure to be in the root directory in your folder - you must see the moddesc.xml of your mod.Then select all files an subfolders in the folder, (STR A) rightclick your mouse an choose compress as ZIP-file and compress the files.
      Now put the new zip file in your modfolder and start the game.
      In your logfile.txt you can see what happens when you load your mods. Errors can be shwon if the game cannot load a Mod.
      Mfg Wibo 3005
      Du hast es verstanden!

>>>"Be sure to be in the root directory in your folder - you must see the moddesc.xml of your mod.Then select all files an subfolders in the folder, (STR A) rightclick your mouse an choose compress as ZIP-file and compress the files."<<<

Es tut mir so leid, so ein Neuling gewesen zu sein ... Ich war NICHT im Root-Ordner des Mods ... (seufz) VIELEN DANK!!!!(I am so sorry to have been such a newbie... I was NOT in the root folder of the mod.... (sigh) THANK YOU!!!!)